So…uh, what happened to November folks?? I don’t really know where to begin because the post I’ve been thinking about posting is irrelevant seeing as how Halloween is long over and gone. So just imagine, I walked around my neighborhood and took pictures of the decorations people put up and some of them were pretty cool. A lot of people around here did some sort of decorations even if it was minimal. One of my favorites was a ginormous spider a guy built out of PCP pipe with glowing green fangs and put up in the front yard. I’d post the pics but they didn’t turn out all that well now that I’m looking back at them. We even decorated our porch which was a cross between nice harvest with pumpkins and hay bales and typical Halloween with spider webs and ghosts. I even tried to make this:
It didn’t quite turn out exactly like this but good enough. Another reason I’m not posting pictures is because my computer is going through a freak out period. I just got it a few months ago and there’s already some sort of hardware glitch. Lovely. I’ve talked to tech support on two separate occasions and all I’m wanting them to do is send me a box to put my computer in so I can send it to be repaired. It is now a month after my initial call and I still don’t have a box. Grrr. I will be making yet another call tomorrow and may have to ask to be transferred to their complaints department or something. It’s frustrating and annoying. And I’m annoyed that I have to talk to some guy in India who I can’t understand and who can’t understand me. Double Grrr.
With the semester coming to an end I’ve been bombarded with papers, projects, assignments, etc. The good thing is I’m starting to see the end. Whoo hoo! We had family in for Thanksgiving which was fun. I was a cooking fool last weekend. I made a big dinner the night before then cooked the turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and made four pumpkin pies. I love pumpkin pie. All the cooking is just the warm up for the Christmas desserts that need to be made. Last year I baked a little over 400 cookies, 5 loaves of bread, three batches of fudge, 2 batches of cream cheese brownie bars, 2 or 3 batches of homemade oreo cake/cookies, and tried divinity which I ended up being sidelined for because that’s really hard to make. Maybe this year. Speaking of the Christmas season, all the holiday movies have started up which I’m apparently a sucker for. So odd because ordinarily I can’t stand Lifetime or Hallmark but sprinkle in Christmas and I can’t turn it off. Go figure.
Well for some stupid reason I woke up at 3:45 this morning and couldn’t go back to sleep. I hate that. So I”m going to go attempt to do that now. But I’m going to leave you with what I discovered making a web outside my window:
Ok, ok so it wasn’t really a goliath birdeating tarantula out there but it may as well have been. It was totally big and creepy. Well, pleasant dreams!
Last night I decided to make some lunch to take in to work so I wouldn’t go out and buy junk food. I didn’t want to cook anything so I quickly made two tunafish sandwiches. One for breakfast (I can eat just about anything in the morning) and one for lunch. I got to work and after a little bit started feeling really hungry so I pulled out one of the sandwiches. I was about 2/3 finished when I noticed a speck of dust drifting down right in front of my eye, so close I thought it was going to land on my eyelash. When I refocused my view I discovered it wasn’t dust at all but a tiny spider making its way down from the ceiling. Can you imagine if that thing had landed on my face?? Oh hell no! I’m glad no one else was at work to witness what happened next. I let out a shriek, ducked, and did a drop and roll off my chair to the ground all the while staying hunched over while clutching my tuna sandwich. Stupid spider. I stood up and hit it with my shoe but didn’t see what became of the body. I sat back down and continued reading everyone’s blog when all of sudden the eight legged freak crawled out from underneath my keyboard near my palm. I shrieked yet again, but this time when I hopped off my chair I remained focused not frazzled. I took my flip flop and slammed it so hard on the spider its legs flew off. There’s still a shoe imprint on my desk to serve as a warning for any other creatures that are thinking of stopping by. They’d better think again.
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Let your tagger know when your blog entry is up.
Six Random Things
1. I think my stomach is made of steel because I can eat just about anything without getting sick. I went to a vegan restaurant (sorry vegans but ew!) a couple of years ago and those I went with got uh, “sick”. I was just fine. I also used to eat from the street vendors in both Mexico and Guatemala and never got sick. Here’s a bonus fact along the lines food. I hate milk!! Unless it’s chocolate milk or I’m eating a large piece of chocolate cake. Aside from that I’m having gag reactions right now thinking about it. Osteoporosis here I come.
2. I hate when people whistle along with the radio. A co-worker does this constantly. If I wanted to listen to you I would turn the radio off. But I didn’t so zip it.
3. I LOVE to jump out and scare people! At work I once climbed into a large box and waited while another co-worker went and got a third co-worker. When they came to the back room I jumped out yelling and the face on the startled co-worker was priceless. I jump out at my mom a lot too. I can’t help it.
4. My favorite pajamas when I was little had Orphan Annie on them. They weren’t my favorite because of her but because they were white with red pinstripes on them and they looked like a baseball uniform. I was obsessed with baseball and was convinced I was going to be the first woman to play in the Major League with all the guys. This was about the same time the movie The Natural came out and I just knew it was my destiny to play.
5. There are times when I can muster up the courage to kill spiders. What I never have the courage to do is clean them up off the wall after I smoosh them. I have this bizarre fear they are going to regenerate and crawl out from beneath the tissue. And when they do they’re going to be pissed. At me. So there are a couple of spider remnants on my walls in my apartment.
6. My hair is naturally curly and not straight. I switch back and forth every once in a while so there are some people who only know me with straight hair and some that only know me with curly. And apparently I also have red demon eyes.
I know I’m supposed to tag 6 people but I would rather just be surprised to see who will do it on their own. Ahem… Jenn and Lance you’re 2 of those 6.