1. I was reading a quote by Ashlee Simpson the other day where she says the only thing she does to maintain her figure is to chase her kid around and that her arms are defined because she’s constantly holding him. *blank stares and crickets chirping* Are you serious right now? First of all, you’re arms aren’t that defined for crying out loud. But besides that, there is no way you’re as thin as you are because you chase your kid all day. That’s ridiculous. It’s annoying when celebrities say crap like this. I help out at a daycare twice a week for a few hours and trust me, I haven’t lost an ounce being out there keeping up with 16 kids. True it’s just for a few hours a week but16 trumps your one, trust me. I’m just saying.
2. Unless you’re a hot, single guy my age or someone at least 10 or 15 years older than me, please don’t call me sweetie, honey, sugar, or anything related to that. I went to buy jeans over the weekend and the sales girls kept saying things like, “Do you have everything you need sweetie?” “Hon can I get you anything else?” Now I do realize I’m in the south and that’s part of vocabulary here, but it’s weird coming from someone younger.
3. Why did the movie 2012 come out this year? Wouldn’t it be more effective to come out in 2012? I don’t have any sarcastic, snarky comments about this. I’m genuinely curious.
4. Ever notice on cop shows people are constantly walking away from the police when they’re being questioned? Usually they say something like, “If you’ll excuse me I have work to do” and then they leave. Does this really happen? I would think that if I was being questioned by police for something I would stay put until they tell me they’re through. But maybe that’s just me.
5. Kids. Hear. Everything. And then they repeat it. Helping out at this daycare and working with the kids at church, I’m constantly amazed and the things they’re saying. Not because they’re repeating things that are bad, but because it’s usually the most random stuff that you know their parents never thought they heard. It’s kind of funny sometimes. Mostly because they aren’t my kids.
6. Tyra Banks was on Jay Leno tonight and it reminded me once again just how funny Joel McHale can be on The Soup. The show is basically him making fun of moments on reality TV (Tyra and The View being two of his favorites to pick on). But honestly, Tyra just asks for it. I’d be surprised if some part of tonight’s segment isn’t made fun of by Joel. I couldn’t believe he was actually invited on The View as a legitimate guest a little while back. The first questioned asked was why he makes fun of their show on his. His response, “Have you seen your show?” haha I love it.
*sigh* I need some new hobbies.